Loading

Saint Trinity Church in Ostravice

Basic information

The Roman Catholic church was built in 1788 – 1789.

It was consecreted and started to be used in autumn 1790. It was built in so called semipopular style that resembles baroque as a one-nave independent building with a flat ceiling. It is located in the Northern part of the village, just at the main road. The main altar, the baptismal font and other equipment that had been imported from the closed Austin-Eremit monastery church in Fulnek, dominates the valuable interior. Very valuable is also the above-altar Saint Trinity picture, painted in 1706 by Bohumír Herbert, a Moravian baroque painter, and in 1784 by Jiří Frammel, a renowned painter from Fulnek. At the main altar there are four wooden baroque statues: St. Peter, St. Paul, St. Venceslas and St. John of Nepomuk. On the gospel side there is a lateral altar with a picture of the Holly Virgin of the Rosary with St. Barbara relief. The church organ originates from 1901 and it was made by Riegr Krnov workshop. In the church there are also renowned ceiling frescos. In 1999 the Roman Catholic church in Ostravice was declared Czech Republic cultural monument as an example of the country religious architecture from the end of the 18th century. Roman Catholic Parish Authority
http://www.farnostostravice.cz/